metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Thursday, June 10, 2004

My Girl

Kids's say the darndest things. Really they do. Nothing keeps you on your toes like having a two year old around the house. I think one of the most important and amazing things about parenting is the ability to truly experience unselfishness. Of course I've always tried to be an unselfish person and think of others. But when you have something so amazing as a little person in your life, that you are so proud of...it brings a whole new perspective.

As she discovers the world and reaches new milestones, my heart beams... and I never even consider myself in all of that. Just that there is this person that I love so much my heart hurts. I was just thinking about our swimming lessons the other day. All she did was dunk her head under water for the first time, it felt like she won a Pulitzer to me. Just rambling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home