metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Thursday, July 01, 2004

The Bunco Phenomena

A guy at work told me that he would be a Bunco Widower tonight. It's a standing comment he began making after he found out I was part of a Bunco group. He informed me that he had been a Bunco widower for years now, and that some ladies in his wife's group had been playing for over 20 years. Wow, that is serious dedication.

So I began to wonder, what makes the mindless game of Bunco (that I happen to love) such a cult society? Why do women love it? There is the obvious: comfort food (salty and sweet dishes), money or prizes (the 5$ we would normally NEVER spend on ourselves), the time away from responsibility...But honestly though, why Bunco? Why not, a bi-weekly or monthly trip to Cheesecake Factory for the guilty pleasure?

I think there is something more...sort of like those Purple/Red Society ladies (I won't even begin to dive into the phscyological issues there...)

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM , Blogger metromom said...

Betsy, now you can post!

 
At 11:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I am so excited to air my opinions in this forum. Hee-hee.
Betsy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home