metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Thursday, August 26, 2004

a montessori introduction

So, September 14th Angelina will begin pre-school full time. I've got a lot of mixed emotions about this. I am excited for her, I think it will be a great experience and I am hoping she flourishes. But at the same time it is a "growing" up I am not sure I am ready for!!!

In any case- it's here and it's real--so I'm dealing. After doing a lot of research we've selected a small Montessori preschool, there are only about 25 students there. I had always heard a lot about "Montessori" yet never really knew much about it. I had heard the reputation for turning out bright, well rounded children, and as a completely biased mother I thought, "My already bright and well rounded child would be perfect for this environment!"

As I studied up, I found that the philosophy behind Montessori agrees with what has been in my heart since becoming a mother. Here is a link that gives some more insight into the Montessori philosophy.

Ms. Pearl the Director is a warm, extremely expressive woman- and seems very proud of her school. I'll keep you posted on how goes it!

2 Comments:

At 3:02 PM , Blogger Nikolc said...

My parents are both Montessori teachers and owned a private school here in WI.
I love everything about the philosophy and definitely want to get my kids into a school when they are all old enough. You are lucky to have one near by ours is 20 minutes away :(

I'm teaching them at home for the time being.

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger metromom said...

I knew from your comments on your own blog that we had similar philosophies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home