metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Strength of a Man

One of my resolutions this year, was to take the time to say the things on my mind...So here goes. My husband is amazing. He balances so much:

First he is lead Pastor of The Life, he gives so much to people- putting time into building messages, taking time to meet with people, planning and visioneering...He is a gifted leader. On top of that he works full time, leading his team in sales, bringing home the bacon, if you will. He plays basketball on a league, works out regularly, and still calls me everyday and says, "You want me to pick up the girl?" If I say yes, he goes to her preschool and gets Angelina takes her home, makes a snack. I think the way he is with her, speaks volume about his true character and nature. I watch as he is gentle and loving, but tries to be firm (he's easily swayed by her big blue eyes though...) He is an incredible dad. Any guy who'd wear a pink Barbie bandaid on his cut- is secure in his manhood and clearly is wrapped very tightly around a little girls finger...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Thank you Brad for being an anchor for our family:

The strength of a man isn't seen in the width of his shoulders.
It's seen in the width of his arms that circle you.

The strength of a man isn't in the deep tone of his voice.
It's in the gentle words he whispers.

The strength of a man isn't how many buddies he has.
It's how good a buddy he is with his kids.

The strength of a man isn't in how respected he is at work.
It's in how respected he is at home.

The strength of a man isn't in how hard he hits.
It's in how tender he touches.

The strength of a man isn't in the hair on his chest.
It's in his Heart... that lies within his chest.

The strength of a man isn't how many women he's loved.
It's in how he can be true to one woman.

The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift.
It's in the burdens he can carry.

4 Comments:

At 11:05 AM , Blogger The Mac Fam said...

That was great, can I steal that?

 
At 11:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Brad is great, too... but everything you said made me appreciate my husband, too!

I can't wait until we start our own little family, and I can find a whole new realm of reasons to love him.

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger metromom said...

rach,if it will help you update your blog...steal away!

 
At 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am enamored with my husband, too. Thank the Lord for our husbands.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home