metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

relentless love.

Are you familiar with it? It's hard to put it into words...but I'll try. The kind of love that pursues you with a determined force. It's the selfless kind of love that hops on a plane the minute you call in tears cause you're overwhelmed by your own life. The kind of love that rocks your newborn baby to sleep, when you're beyond exhausted and just want to throw the baby in the snow. The kind of love that empties its pockets to fill yours. The sacrificing love that never expects anything in return. The kind of love that empowers you...makes you believe that you're worthy enough, capable enough to do anything you want to do.

A love you can't shake...no matter what you do- it's there- accepting, welcoming, forgiving. It's love that makes you believe you deserve to be loved like that...even when you know you don't. It's the kind of love that comforts-you can relax, let out a sigh of relief just by being in its presence. A love that will change 40 poopy diapers in one weekend, fold your laundry and do your dishes- just to give you a break. It finds true joy in your success and true compassion in your sorrow. The kind of love that fills a room with joy- and laughs when you run out of gas on your way to the airport at five in the morning.

I hope that each one of you experience this kind of love in your life at some point...if you never have, let me introduce you to God (cause I'm pretty sure that's where she gets it...) And if I dedicated every post, every day to the woman who shows me this relentless love...it wouldn't tell the half. I love you mom. I'll never be able to tell you how much.

8 Comments:

At 2:34 PM , Blogger Life's Passionz said...

Now that was beautifully said. After reading the first couple of lines I was already thinking of my own mom. Through my tears I type this - hoping that someday I will be that "relentless love" to my children.

You really do have a great mom! :o)

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Deann said...

Thanks Noelle, for such a beautiful post! And am I glad I have not put on my makeup for the day! :)

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

I knew right away who you were talking about and I totally agree with you on how amazing your Mom is! She is such a joy to be around!

 
At 9:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You choked me up. I really hope to experience that kind of love sometime in my life. It sounds wonderful Maybe I will borrow your Mom for a weekend? Does she iron too?

 
At 10:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make it sooooooo easy! And even when it is not it doesn't matter, I would do anything for my children. Maybe that's how God feels, maybe He thinks it's just so easy. I'll like you for always, I'll love you forever, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be. MOM

 
At 5:52 AM , Blogger Terri and Mark said...

There is no denying it, you have a EXTRA special Mother! And she is so right- you do make loving you SO easy.

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think Grandy is pretty special too, that must be why she had a special daughter AND sister-in-law! Noelle you wrote a beautiful tribute to her!

 
At 7:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will be my first and last BLOG (ehhh), my sister is a mother and has always had those motherly insticts even though i may not have appreciated it as her younger brother it is an insparation to be a great parent....in the near future

vio con dios - The Docta

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home