metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Friday, December 08, 2006

...I know....the suspense...it's killing you.

So sorry for waiting a few days (ok, almost a month...) to update. As I've said in the past, I hate just writing stuff to say stuff...so I have to be inspired. And after last night. I'm now inspired. Something happened that took my breath away---caused me to scream, yell...and otherwise freak out. Something magical. But I'm pretty sure you wouldn't understand. Ok, maybe Laura would...but that's it. Ok, maybe Laura and Betsy...but NO ONE else. Ok, maybe Laura, Betsy and Lisa. Yeah, Lisa too. But nobody else...Wait, what about, Martin? Yeah, maybe. Yeah...Martin too.

But I'm not telling. :) But I will say that I used to be labeled the girl who had no hobbies, nothing that "she" wanted to do. I will admit that I'm pretty easy going. I can enjoy myself just about anywhere. If you wanted to take me to a basket weaving class, I'd go. Part of it is that I truly am easy going. If I don't care, I really don't care. It doesn't have to be about me. The other part is that I like to make people happy. Yeah, I know we've talked about this before. But I will say that 2006 has been the "emancipation of Mimi"...oh wait, I mean me. Maybe its getting older, maybe the season of my life, but I've come to grips with a few things that make me, me. And I'm totally ok with them. And I'm ok if they are not you.

Defining who I am will be a life long process because I always want to be growing and changing, but discovering there are some things that I love to do and enjoy becoming...regardless of anyone else's preferences has been liberating.

What about you?

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 11:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What the heck? I am so confused. Was that the point?

 
At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont feel bad Betsy, I'm confused also.
s

 
At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on guys! It is so obvious! I am kidding, but I have an idea of what might have happened! Yeah!

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

What? I can't believe Tonya or myself would not understand and also that I didn't hear about it this morning! Call me!

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger metromom said...

i didn't post what "it" was, because you probably wouldn't care. it's about something i've recently become passionate about in the last few years. betsy is passionate about certain shows, laura and lisa are passionate about certain *ahem* winning teams- martin is passionate about men who beat each other up...and last night my team had a history making, *classic* game which only made me love certain MVP's even more...
that is all.

 
At 7:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wake up people! Go Suns! PS - I am SO glad that Steve Nash finally cut that awful hair of his!

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger Life's Passionz said...

I completely understood what you were talking about - because the 1st overtime - my husband was screaming in excitement! By the 2nd and 3rd overtime - he was overjoyed! Way to go Suns - and Steve is SIMPY AMAZING and unbelievable all at the same time! BTW, I'm glad you were inspired to write!

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Girl in Love said...

Oh, by the way....Matt and I, and Betsy and Martin, are going to go to a Phoenix Suns game...this coming Friday..and we get to see it from row 11 !!!! ;) Yes! It is our "Christmas Party" for work....so, that will be fun. :)

Ps...I"m also glad you finally decided to post again.....oh, I know..I suck at it lately, but I still read everybody elses. (whatever to the spelling on that one...)

 
At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you finally updated. Yea!! I thought of 2 things the Suns and ping pong undefeated champion. So when are we going to a Suns game, I am so excited to go with you to a game. :o)

Lisa

 
At 7:29 AM , Blogger Terri and Mark said...

Just so you know, Mark and I were screaming the other night when our team won the Amazing Race! Okay-well I was screaming but he was atleast smiling:) We would totally understand. Don't underestimate the ANTONINOS!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home