metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Musings from a 4 Year Old



So last night on the family trip to Costco, the conversation went like this:

SHE: "MOM!! Look at the moon!"
ME: "Wow! It sure is big and beautiful!"
SHE "That moon looks better than sushi!"
ME: "What?"

It got me thinking...there are so many things she knows, things she says that are so far removed from my days as a four year old. Things like:

"Mom, I sent Daddy a text but he hasn't texted me back yet."

Or

"Dad, Can we listen to that Lights will guide you song?" (and then proceeds to know EVERY SINGLE WORD to Fix You by Coldplay.)

Or

"Mom, I need to borrow your computer, I've got to blog on" (I think she means "log on")


Watching her take it all in, and get her own "spin" of the world is quite comical, but really is one of the highlights of my life.

7 Comments:

At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, she sure is beautiful. She takes after her mommy. :-) I, too, love the comments kids make. They are definately comical and real.
S

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That girl is so cute I want to squeeze the stuffing out of her!

She's smart, too. Waaaaay too smart.

 
At 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

some of the things I hear daily are amazing!I wish I would have started years ago!

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger Life's Passionz said...

What a doll! She reminds me so much of Quiana - smart as a tack that girl! :o)

 
At 5:58 AM , Blogger lashake777 said...

This is one of the joys of life, in case you didn't know it. LOL As we get older, don't we wish we could keep that sense of awe and zeal for exploration. I am siwth you I enjoy hearing the chattering of these kids.

She is definately beautiful and very smart too! a pracitically perfect package hmmm like mary poppins. ;o)

 
At 8:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love some of the "off the wall" stuff she says. It cracks me up. I am SO happy to a part of her life and see her grow up into the amazing and incredible woman I know she will be!

 
At 12:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is getting so big. I can't believe it. She is so beautiful. How do they get so smart so fast? Before our very eyes. Maybe its time to get her a "blog".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home