metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The one where she says "balls"

It's funny how recently this blog has turned into a reporting of a stream of events, something so far from my original intent. I did want to give readers a glimpse into everyday life, maybe with some pictures to show a bit of this, how cute my kids are, how hot my husband is...but I definitely wanted to "say" something of significance, even if its just relating a story that makes you think, smile, wince, whatever.

So basically I'm admitting this site has been "less than" for some time. And I'm not really okay with it, but not 100% sure that I can change it at the moment. Sometimes I feel like a master juggler...and sometimes I let my balls drop. Ok, the last part of that sentence sounded strange. Obviously I'm speaking figuratively, not literally-- I'm not actually dropping my balls...wait, what I meant to say was...oh never mind.

As I make an effort to offer something to you other than the event reporting that you've grown accustomed to now, please throw me a bone...share with me your thoughts so I know you're out there and have an opinion.

Now, I guess its time to join the October train and say the proverbial, "I LOOOVVVEEE the fall", that everyone's been screaming out lately...but really I love NOVEMBER, that's the money right there...I mean the weather can get down right crispy (ok, maybe not so much here in Scottsdale but...) there is a Holiday completely devoted to FOOD (and thankfulness, and who isn't thankful when they are consuming mash potatoes? Ahhh...I digress) Family starts to gather, the shopping commences (though surprisingly the Christmas Shopping ball is already in the air, and I've not dropped it.) Cozy sweats, chilly nights, clear perfect days--yep, I'm all about November, October is over rated if you ask me.

4 Comments:

At 7:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been slacking on my blog, too. But ya know what? that's what it's called your blog for. You do whatever the f you want!

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Deann said...

I agree- I love November- especially the 19th!! But...I think October can provide the same November benefits, depending on where you live. Here in Colorado the end of September has met that Nov. standard. But the festive "Xmas is soon to come" feel is not around in October, as it is in November. And the only holiday in Oct. is one where kids get way too much candy that they DON'T need....

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger Terri and Mark said...

I personally love October more than November. Maybe it's because in most areas, the leaves change and it's really beautiful. But even though here in the Valley, we aren't blessed with as much visual beauty,we still are fortunate enough to have "cooler" weather. I have no complaints.
I don't really care for mashpotatoes, so if your going to take a holiday away from me...take Thanksgiving. The BEST thing about Thanksgiving is you get to put up your Christmas Tree!!!

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger Matt Barrett said...

I think whether you continue reporting on events or search for more significant things to say, you have do what you find the most motivation to do. Over the last 9 months I've spent a lot of time contemplating similar things and have come to my conclusion based on what I enjoy and what drives me to write.

That's my suggestion. My opinion... I think chunky peanut butter is better than creamy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home