metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Monday, October 09, 2006

Today I shut off my airconditioning...

Ok, from where you sit it may be freakin' freezing...but here in sunny AZ, today, October 8th was the first time I shut off my air conditioning. I opened the windows, let the breeze in...then promptly shut them and flipped the air back on fifteen minutes later.

But if you lived here you'd say the weather really HAS changed. The 90 degrees isn't THAT hot, there is a FALLISH feeling in the air, not quite crisp, more like less toasty.

MD and I just returned from a wonderful vacation in paradise. We roughed it on the beach in Kauai again this year with some friends. Low key, low drama, high sun, high surf...a real vacation. You know the kind where you get to do what you want, when you want, and that mostly means a whole lot of nothing. It was fabulous. Waves were pretty non-existent the first few days, but came in with a vengance the final two days and we definitely took advantage!

My kids spent the week doing just about EVERY FUN THING IMAGINABLE with my parents in Thousand Oaks. I'd call each day and they were: at the beach, at Chuck E. Cheese, at the Farm and Pumpkin Patch, at the Zoo...seriously...they had a blast. And I was so happy to see them after 6 poopy diaperless, sippy cupless, mommyless days and nights. When we picked them up in LAX I was running to meet them. Something about a week off from Mommyhood makes you fall in love all over again. (thank you MOM for making it possible)

I will post some pictures soon.

5 Comments:

At 7:05 PM , Blogger The Mac Fam said...

I am happy to hear you had such a great time, you were missed and I can't wait to see pics.

 
At 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to turn of my air conditioner! We're in FL so we probably have another couple of months of 90° weather and ridiculous electric bills. Then, we're home free! For like 3 months at least. LOL.

 
At 10:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was absolutely,positively,most assuredly, my pleasure!

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger Sebastian said...

You're in a right decision, especially today that we electric bills raised high. Like me I shut my 2 among 3 air conditioning units at home. I'm satisfied of one and instead of a/c I tried to use electric fan. My bill this month really decreases. This is also my great decision.

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Most homes in warm climates have air conditioning. For some, air conditioning may be a luxury, but for many, it is a necessity. http://waterdamagerestorationdallastexas.com/tag/air-duct-cleaning-arlington-tx/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home