metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

25 MORE things about "Yours Truly"

Ok, so way back when...not sure how long ago, but at least a year or two, I posted 25 things you may or may not know about me. And since my eyes are burning, my brain is mush, and my throat has taken on that deep sexy night time voice...from working for the last few hours to meet some "work" deadlines- I thought I'd break for some mindless chatter...are you ready for this? I mean really ready? It's late so don't hold any of it against me:

1. I trip a lot. Usually for no reason. Sometimes my ankle will just roll and I'll be on the ground.
2. I've been known to trip while holding my kids (Before you go callin' me Brittney, I always save the kid before my own knees, shoes, Burberry bag...)
3. I love to invent recipes, always have. Used to make my brothers be my guinea pigs...ahhh those were the days.
4. I could eat avacados on ANYTHING, ANYTIME, JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE
5. I would bodyboard in the ocean everyday if I had the opportunity
6. My mom's family is 100% Portugese and my dad is a mutt
7. I can't nap. Not possible, don't ask. It doesn't ever happen.
8. I'm still friends with at least 3 girls from when I was 5. I think it says more about how wonderful they are than me...but whatever, I've got some great friends.
9. I LOVE being a mom. It definitely happened sooner than I planned, but it was great timing and that has enriched my life more than words could ever express.
10. I sing a lot. Start up a song around me and you won't EVER sing alone. Don't care if I sound crappy or know the words, I'm going to sing with you.
11. I'm a binge reader. I love to read, but for me it's addicting, so I won't go to the Library if I know I don't have time to knock out a book in a day or so, cause it won't matter I'll take the time, if I have the book.
12. I've been crushing on my husband since I was 12, no joke. 7 years after we met, he came to his senses, or I became legal..not sure which was the deciding factor.
14. I can decorate cakes sorta good. Really. Kinda, well I try that is...
15. I'd rather do it myself. (what's it you ask? pretty much anything...I've usually got to force myself to delegate. I usually like the challenge, but sometimes I wish others would make me let them help.)
16. I love games, board games, etc. I like to win, and the competitive genes really freak out against my husband. I MUST WIN!!!! (but I NEVER do. sigh...)
17. (hmmm...nothing life altering yet, eh?) My memory, it's like a steel trap. Phone numbers, names, outfits you wore the first time I met you. I usually remember.
18. I've been in lots of the stereotypical "circles" in school growing up and can relate to most anyone on at least some level. I make it a point to put myself in others shoes and think about how they are feeling.
19. I'm impatient at times. Ok, more often than I like...Ok, I snapped at the old lady across the street (SOOO kidding...)
20. (almost there....) I'm one of three siblings with two younger brothers, I've always been the bossy type.
21. For years I promised that I would NOT be like my mom and cry at anything even remotely sentimental...but I'll admit, I'm a sap. I can't wach Extreme Home Makeovers, even though I know way too much about the behind the scenes- as my little bro worked on two homes...But still so sweet, and Ty, fall for his kindness every time...)
22. I love horses. Riding, watching. They are so magnificent.
23. I get sucked into most any Disney show...especially The Suite Life of Zack and Cody...am I crazy? I think maybe.
24. Santa Barbara is MY city. I love that place. Oooooohhh yes I do.
25. (and here we are, the grand finale...) I am sooo sleepy right now, can't keep my eyes op...

11 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger Terri and Mark said...

It's kind of cool that most of this stuff I already knew about you. Guess that means I've been promoted to more than just an acquaintance:)

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger The Mac Fam said...

WOW!!! You are the blogging Queen lately, does this mean you are about to go on hiatus b/c you will be blogged out????

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't know you tripped a lot. How did I miss that?

25 Things Everyone Knows About Me:
#1 I'm oblivious.

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger metromom said...

Ha Ha Betsy!!! Not "oblivioius", just "focused" :)

Terri: You got your promotion LONG ago...

Majic: I may or may not run out of things to say...we'll have to see...

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Kathryn Egly said...

I trip a lot too...

But I want you to expound on #21.

Write a post about 25 things we don't know about "extreme home makeover." I am fascinated by reality TV.

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Deann said...

Kathryn made my comment! We want to the dish on Extreme Home Makeover!

And thanks for sharing. It's always good to get to know a person better, even if you don't live near them.

 
At 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No naps? Incredible! I love naps and I take them whenever I can. You will re-think all of that when you get to be my age!

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger metromom said...

did anyone notice #13 is not there?
I really was tired!

 
At 2:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't even get me started on #17!! remembering the outfit that i had on at the gym in tulsa...velvet workout clothes?!?!?! come on! they were not velvet or whatever you deemed them to be!!!

 
At 4:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! I was so happy to see you post on my blog. Carol told me you had a blog a while ago and I am so happy to see you and Brad are doing so well! You guys look great and your kids are gorgous! I need to get your address. When you get a minute email me your contact information
Megan@jaytmeg.com
Tell Brad I say hello!

 
At 12:29 AM , Blogger metromom said...

TED!!! Love the velour work out attire!!! I still laugh at that!

Deann and Kathryn: I'm sure that there are some waivers or something he had to sign, so I won't post it online, but email me and I'll give ya the dish. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home