metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Perks of the job

Many of you know that MD works in sales in a fast paced sales environment where they offer lots of incentives...and boy they do ever know how to motivate him.

I remember a couple years ago--he brought home grocery gift cards EVERY DAY for a month. I didn't have to pay anything for groceries for something like two months...Of course they were to one of the fancier stores where you don't quite get the 10 for 10 deals, but, FREE food IS FREE food. Then there was the shopping spree at Costco...and this month alone he won a new digital camera that he graciously gave to his beautiful and adoring wife...an Olympus- 7.1 mp...quite a step up for me...then a couple days later he won a home theater system, which we will most likely ebay...It's like they offer something, anything, and he gets into the zone.

My point? To brag on our good fortune? No. My point is that I wish all of life had these incentive programs..."You changed FOUR dirty diapers in ONE day, kudos to you, here's one of Marc Jacobs latest bags" or maybe ,"You made it to work on time every day this week, take a trip to wine country in gorgeous Santa Barbara" or best of all, "You've blogged FOUR times this week, sit back relax and enjoy the sounds of a live performance by Sting in your bedroom while you fall asleep."

I mean, what is more motivating than the prospect of handbags, relaxation, and great music just around the corner? Those are some dangling carrots I'd like to take a bite of.

5 Comments:

At 8:47 AM , Blogger metromom said...

ok, so I totally only work 8 hours a week a job, but making it on time is H-A-R-D!!!!!!

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger The Mac Fam said...

If there was a perk for being on time, I would reign supreme.

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger PhoenixBites said...

Lucky Duck!! I think we all deserve those things, just for making it through the day!!

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger metromom said...

I'm with ya Taryn...we totally do deserve some love. :)

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Matt Barrett said...

I've been trying to motivate myself by eating half a bag of oreo cookies a day if I eat sensibly at breakfast and lunch in an attempt to loose some weight. So far it's not working so well. Wonder why???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home