metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Friday, November 03, 2006

Top 10 signs I'm getting old...

10. Words like 401K, portfolio, nest egg are a part of my regular vocabulary.
9. Words like "sick", "what it do", and "crackalackin'" are not.
8. I had to look up that last word in number 9.
7. Fashion and comfort are almost = on the scale
6. Staying out till 10 is a LATE night. :)
5. I have considered trading in my high riding SUV for a mini-van (but I haven't caved yet.)
4. I get excited when I see the 10 for $10 sign at the grocery store
3. Large purchases include ginormous play yards for my kids...and ficus trees to shield them from the skinny dipping neighbors.
2. The word "PTA" is looming in my not so distant future...
1. Spent an hour talking with my little brother and his girlfriend (discovered how behind the times I am) before they started their night (9PM) and we crashed fast asleep in our memory foam to reruns of "Friends" which is now being shown on Nick at Nite. (ok, TBS...whatever.)

5 Comments:

At 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, the mini van has really come a long way and they are not as cheesy as they used to be. Some of them are pratically apartments on wheels. I think you could still look 'hip' driving one. If anyone can pull it off it is you!!

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I totally know what you're talking about with the 10PM bedtime. So sad... so old.

 
At 4:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll always be younger than me...may that brings you some comfort!:)

 
At 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow and you haven't even reached 30 yet. Imagine what you'll feel in 15-20+ years. I think opposite. As a mother of four, I think of myself only as old as my small group girls at the sweet age of 17. I am young, energetic, and in much better shape than I was in my teens. I will though agree on the bedtime time at 10pm. I get ten hours of sleep and still want more, but maybe thats because I run so much not particularly the age. Anyways something to think about other than getting older think about staying young.
take care
S

 
At 8:12 PM , Blogger Marc David said...

I use crackalackin more that often. I don't know if that means I am young at heart or a sad pathetic twenty-something with memories of yesteryear tatooed to the preverbial butt of my brain. No matter how you shake it, I don't plan on stopping the use of that particular word any time in the near future. I believe you have to be you, even if you is a retard.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home