metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Friday, July 09, 2004

Splendad!

About three years ago I stumbled across a little yellow packet that changed my life. Since then I have been a walking advertisement for the artificial sweetener known as Splenda. Their byline is what got me and now keeps me, "It's made from sugar, so it tastes like sugar."

This article joins me in my LOVE for the white powder...Tastes great in coffee...I haven't quite ventured into the baking with it yet, I'll let you know when I do.

3 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Blogger Scott Hodge said...

i've had food baked w/ it and i can still taste a faint after-taste. i don't like it.

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger metromom said...

Ok, so the baking is a no go. I WILL say that I've had Splenda Ice cream...and it wasn't as good as the real C&H. But man, it's great in coffee (isn't that all that matters?) ...and after all coffee is a STAPLE, we MUST have it everyday, so the sweet alternative is a necessity. Ice cream, brownies, those are more of a "specialty" item--I guess it's ok to keep the sugar in them if your not eating them everyday.

 
At 12:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.laleva.cc/food/splenda.html

Hey Noelle check out this link,

Rachel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home