metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Monday, August 30, 2004

For Lunch Today...

I tried something today that I've been putting off-- Exercising during my lunch hour. 2 years ago exactly I was in great shape. I had just had Angelina 6 months prior and I had worked very hard to get back into pre-baby shape...Using the Body for Life program I acheived almost all of my goals. Then I pinched a nerve and couldn't work out for awhile and it's been down hill ever since.

The last 2 years have been so busy and I've never got back into the groove of working out. I've tried eating differently but have never seen the results that used to be so effortless. What used to work, no longer does: Two main factors contribute 1) I'm older 2) I haven't worked out consistently.

Since I have a beautiful lake right across the street from work and a great little trail, and a shower at work (to clean me up after working out in 107 degrees...) I thought to myself, "There's no time like the present." So I did it. It was energizing, and a great way to squeeze a workout into an already hectic life. I may try it again.

The reason I'm even mentioning this is my hope that I will feel obligated to continue if you guys know about it. I hope it works.


The Lake:



9 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Blogger metromom said...

Just wanted the picture to be big enough for you Betsy!

 
At 5:45 AM , Blogger Deann said...

Hi Noelle!
With school starting yesterday I am now getting into a routine around here, and exercising every morning is part of it. I did do some off and on throughout the summer, but not consistently. We will sweat it out together!
And congrats, you get my first ever comment on a blog! You beat my hubby!

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger Matt Barrett said...

Way to go Noelle. A little exercise gets the endorphins running high again. What do you do if you've been working out for 2 years and still not loosing any weight? And don't say eat less or better, that has absolutely nothing to do with it :)

And Deann - I'm crushed. Truly crushed. :( I thought I would be your first. - that sounded wrong, but you know what I'm saying.

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger metromom said...

Uhh...Matt, I've got no help for you, sorry. But I've heard that Anna Nicole Smith has found a way...

Deann, I am truly honored. Thank you for gracing me with your presence and taking time out of a busy mom schedule to join us! :) Now when it's nice and cold and snowy in Iowa you can come out here to work out with us! :) And Denise that goes for you too!

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger metromom said...

By the way you guys are all up early!

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Noelle, I appreciate the large picture. I guess you could say I see the big picture now! Oh, groan.

And it's great that you have access to a shower at work. Sometimes I wish I did -- I break a sweat in this climate just walking to my car and driving to McDonald's at lunch!

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Deann said...

We are not crazy morning people, we are just in a different time zone! :)

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger The Mac Fam said...

I can't believe how beautiful that pic is. I am moving to AZ!! Look out!

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Noella-

I miss you girl! Here's some inspiration. I, Shannon, have been working out 6 days a week for the past month. I know that if I can. YOU CAN! You have always been my inspiration for a better lifestyle! Thanks!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home