metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

27 from here on out...

Ok, Ok, I'm alive- and no longer pregnant.

In summary of the last few weeks:

I used to think I didn't want to share my birthday with anyone, especially a child...now I'm happy that my son was born on my day...The nurses all told me that now he gets all the Bdays and I stay 27 forever. Fine by me. I also think its kind of cool that he waited for me. Already a mammas boy.

I used to be unsure about having a "boy". I knew girls, I was a girl, but boys...that was uncharted territory that I wasn't sure I wanted to tackle. Now, 2 1/2 weeks later I love having a son. I can't imagine life without this little boy.

I used to be worried that I wouldn't be able to love two kids. I mean, I loved The Girl with my whole heart, I didn't know how there would be room for another, I knew I'd like him, but wasn't sure I could love him as MUCH as her. A wise person told me that they come from heaven with their own love. That is the truth. My heart didn't have to make room for The Boy, my heart expanded. Our life is that much richer, that much fuller, and that much more complete. (The nights however are another story, there is nothing rich about waking up every couple hours...)

Finally, I would like to say that I absolutely LOVE the fact that I am no longer pregnant. Life is so much sweeter holding my son on the outside rather than the inside.

Thanks for your patience. I will post pictures as soon as I get new batteries for my camera...It's been getting a lot of use and is currently dead. :)

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your words. You are very eloquent in your writing. Sounds like you are doing well with your new little one. I only have boys. Have always wanted a little girl, but I don't know what I would do with her. I never thought I would have enough love for a second child. I loved my first with all that was in me. My heart just overflows for both of my boys. Our family would be incomplete without my second son.

 
At 7:09 AM , Blogger The Mac Fam said...

Congrats Noelle, Brad and Fam. We love you guys and miss the fact we can't see Tyler like we did Angelina. Be blessed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home