metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

life in bullets





Ok, sorry...it really has been awhile- but I've been on the run for awhile- Since I last filled you in:

I celebrated Christmas in AZ w/ family....
I took a nice trip to Shawnee, OK...(not really so nice actually, except the wedding we went to...)
Cut The Girl's hair
The Boy got 2 teeth (for Christmas, it was all he wanted, really.)
Remodeled several rooms at a church.
Fell in love w/ Memory Foam and 460 Thread Ct. Egyptian Cotton
Ate...Ate...Ate...now it's time to stop.
Hmmm...what else?
Had countless memories and moments with friends and family. Lived life fully to the extent that there really hasn't been much down time. (stay at home mom = busy mom.)

Here are a couple pics of the recent days:

5 Comments:

At 4:14 PM , Blogger The Mac Fam said...

Don't you love bullets...? Good to see you back. Love the girls hair. Glad you had a great holiday.

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger Steph said...

Who ever thought of the term stay at home mom wasn't thinking? :-) I am hardly ever at home especially now that I have decided to go back to work beginning on Monday, January 23rd. Since I have decided to do that, I am getting together with everyone that I want to see before my days are filled with work instead of friends and fellowship.

I totally know that it is a God-thing for me to head back to work. God opened up an opportunity for a friend of mine to watch David during the day. Because she will be watching David, she won't have to go back to work (which was making her kids quite anxious).

My friend, Kristin, homeschools her kids whose ages range from five to eleven. She has not had much experience working outside the home because she got married young and had children within the first year of her marriage. Can you say honeymoon baby?

It is so exciting to me to see how God is working on our lives. We are blessed because we know that David will be in a loving and nurturing environment where he will learn about God. Kristin and her family are blessed because she is making the income she needs without having to adjust their current schedule and without her having to leave her home.

Glad that you had a good Christmas and that you are enjoyed your new career as full-time mom!

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

Really glad to finally have an update!

I am kinda offended by the Shawnee, Ok comment since I only live 40 minutes from there. Just kiddin'....

It really is a great place if you love the outdoors, cows, horses, etc....

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger metromom said...

Shannon...if they hadn't lost my luggage for 98% of the trip and I hadn't had to sit in a GROSS hotel room for hours waiting, watching 12 episodes of Laguna Beach, washing our clothes in the sink and making the big trip to walmart to buy toothbrushes, we hadn't almost missed our flight out, got lost on the way to the airport,etc. it would have been better. Plus I didn't get to see 1 of my OK friends...bad timing. So that's why it was bad. No offense intended. :)

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger JennyLee said...

Your kids are unbelievably gorgeous! Good genes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home