metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Creeped Out to Chilled Out all in a day...

So my day started w/ Jack running me around our neighborhood- and when I say running me...I mean RUNNING me as fast as he could run.

When I was good and tired I came home to my favorite time of my day...the morning cup of coffee...as I was about to pour the cup I saw this little flash of what I thought was a spider leg under my coffee pot. I screamed for MD- he came. "A spider! Ewwww!!!! Kill it!!!! Now!!!!!" So he lifts the coffee pot to find a 3 1/2" scorpion. "NOOOOOO!!!!!" "KILL IT!!!!" So MD "Jack Baured" that sucker in a minute flat. But my nightmare was just beginning- I could not, would not stay with something like that there....

MD had to go- and left us (can you believe it?) so I packed the kids up and left- headed to Grandma's house. After taking refuge there for a couple hours we spent another hour at the Train Park...What an Indredible place for families to enjoy eachother. We went with Perfect 7's- It was an absolutely PERFECT weather day!

From there MD and his dad and the kids and I went to Fountain Hills to the Fountain to enjoy some quality time and some more gorgeous AZ weather. We ate pizza out on the patio overlookig the lake, played in the park, ate ice cream. All in all it was a perfect afternoon.

Now I'm back at home looking under every thing, looking over my shoulder, scouring every room for scorpions...scary.








8 Comments:

At 11:20 PM , Blogger Life's Passionz said...

Wow - I know exactly how you feel! When we first moved into this house within 4 weeks of each other we found a scorpion on two different occasions (inside our house). The first time "B" was gone. Talk about being paranoid - constantly! Me being pregnant and having two small children at that time - called for some serious action! We now have the house sprayed monthly for all the insects scorions feed on. No scorpions since - Thank God! I very much feel your pain my dear. It is good to hear you had a wonderful rest of the day though! :o)

 
At 6:06 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

Scorpions!! Don't you hate them!!! All together, we have had about 10 of them. They will usually be on cool surfaces. I now always walk with shoes on, in the house, during the summer. Here's a tip, in case MD isn't around to save the day. Tongs-the old kind your Mom used to fish out hotdogs with when you were little. And...one of the long stemmed BIC candle lighters. Simply, pinch the tail with the tongs and burn with lighter. Sounds crazy but it works!!! Or, just pour a little whiskey on it - it will sting itself to death. (old west tip of the day)!

 
At 7:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea about the tongs and fire! Don't waste the whiskey though!

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger AM said...

Thanks to you... I had a dream about scorpions last night! :o)

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger The Mac Fam said...

That is just plain scary. Can't say I have ever seen one of those but the roaches here are the size of rats. Gross. Glad to hear your day turned out great.

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Matt Barrett said...

maybe drink the whiskey first, then you'll have the courage to grab the tongs.

Do make sure you shake your shoes out first before putting your feet in them. I saw some discovery thing where a guy stuck his foot in his boot and a scorpion was in there. YIKES!!!

 
At 8:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the way you honor Jack's name - haha. OMG - that's so freaky about the scorpion. I'm still afraid to see one and I would have reacted the same way you did. Only Joel probably would have laughed and tortured me for a bit... ;)

 
At 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noelle - I need updated on your blog! ;)

When are we all watching Season 5?!? Wes and Tonya need to catch up. I'm having Jack Bauer withdrawals...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home