metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Office Antics


On some days I miss the corporate world. Ok, what I meant to say was some days I miss the times I wasn't actually working, at work as opposed to almost always working at home. :)

Kathryn's comment on the incredible ONION post from earlier today (I know, I know, you loved my parable...no need to tell me.) about causing her office angst after leaving an onion on the counter all night long...reminded me of one time...

Um, so, Yeah, I was speaking in front of like 85 or more women one Wednesday morning. As I picked out my outfit for the day, I got my heart set on a yellow sweater and gray skirt. Only there was one problem...the sweater wasn't completely dry by the time I went to work, so I brought it in a plastic bag, threw on one of MD's t-shirts and ran out the door. Dropped the girl off at her babysitter and headed into the office. A couple hours went by and the sweater was still wet. BUT,no worries, I had an idea.

I grabbed my sweater and headed for the kitchen. Not too long after there was a fire in the kitchen. Apparently its not really a good idea to dry a cotton sweater in the microwave...My sweater went up in flames, the office smelled of fire and smoke, everyone thought I was a fool, and I had to speak in 5 minutes.

Do you have any office stories that would make my humiliation seem "not so bad"?

Do share.

3 Comments:

At 1:53 PM , Blogger The Mac Fam said...

Here's one...I was at my desk and had just finished eating my lunch when I had to burb...not being one to hold it in and thinking I was alone, I just let it out. Pete was right outside my window and heard it and started freaking out laughing at me and the only thing I could think to say was "Better out than in" (you know from Shrek) so after that my nickname was "Fiona" (also from Shrek) Does this story help you at all?

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Kathryn Egly said...

Good story Noelle.

i already gave you my office story...but here's another story...

One evening my (hot:)) husband and I pulled up to a church he was to speak at within the hour. I get out of the car and set my large coffee on the roof. I reach in to get my Bible and the coffee slides off the car, and spills over me from head to toe.

My hair was drenched, my clothes were stained.

I was a lovely sight (and smell) that night!

 
At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't have a story to share. But I do remember the "day of the burning sweater". It was "days" before the office smelled normal again.....

Shannon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home