metromom

A collection of daily thoughts, ideas and links from a mom still seeking to acheive the "balance" of a spiritual journey, family, inner peace, carreer, world peace...while "trying" to look like a supermodel at the same time...

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The missing link




Ok, I think I finally figured out this whole working out thing. Today was the third day I worked out during my lunch hour. And I think I really like it!

First of all it gets rid of my main excuses for not working out:

1. No time: I have an hour each day with nothing I HAVE to do.

2. No energy: I actually do have energy this early in the day

3. Takes away from family or other priorities: This is an hour I am away from my family everyday whether I like it or not. Why not use it more effeciently?

4. Accolades: Peoples looks and comments, "Wow, you're dedicated, woah? working out?" fuel me to think to myself, "Yeah...I AM dedicated! OOOHHH LOOK AT ME!!!!" Just kidding.

Anyway, I am enjoying the break each day and I am energized as I get moving and see a slight amount of momentum building...


3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

OK, between you and Shannon, I am feeling like I need to start working out!

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Keep up the momentum! You're a hottie!

Come on Betsy! When you are 30 you will be glad you did!

 
At 6:40 AM , Blogger Deann said...

You guys are all motivating me!! Are these blogs I am reading or exercise support groups?!?! Either way, thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home